Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Letting Go. Moving On.



Friends, I have officially been left out in the cold by love once again.

I really thought the two of us had something special.

Depth &humour
Youth & wisdom
Beauty & mystery

Yes, we had it all as far as I could tell. And I allowed myself to believe that things were just going to be somehow, magically different this time. But they really are all the same, aren’t they? Because here I sit alone on a Tuesday evening and all I have are some leftover peanut butter balls and the memories of our 3 year rendezvous.

I still remember the beginning like it was yesterday, though. Staying up ‘til 3 in the morning replaying every word that was spoken and trying to take in any and every supposed clue that may or may not have been intentionally meant to convey anything. Exhausted each evening by the dreams of our future together only to wake up each morning late for work and confused over the seemingly thin line between reality and fantasy in this relationship. Yep, same old friggin story.

It is times like these that almost make me believe that maybe the gaping hole in our hearts cannot be adequately filled with television programming. I just have to face it, LOST is gone for good and I have to move on. But let me tell you something, I only have so many years of youthful slothfulness left in me and I don’t have time to sit around waiting for the next theologically inspiring, visually captivating, heart-wrenching, character-driven drama to come around.

Lost is gone and I am the one who needs saving. So, I am going to dive right back into the waters with what I am calling my:

Lost Rebound Tele-Dates for Summer 2010!!!!!!!!!!
The Bachelorette Season 6 starring Ali F. (Yes, Judgy McPrideful, I do realize that this is the lowest form of soul-stealing television but did you not just hear the trauma I am going through with my recent loss?)
The Colbert Report and The Daily Show (Please tell me they are not going on summer hiatus because I cannot loose my t.v. love interest and my t.v. best friends all in one month. I am just not strong enough for that.)
Arrested Development on D.V.D. (Everyone who is funny likes this show and because of my extreme devotion to one show in particular I have been unable to invite any new shows in to my life…until now!)
Parenthood on NBC ( I watched the premier a few months back and thought it was solid. A former Gilmore Girl, laughter and tears all in one episode? This definitely has my name on it, and summer is a great time to catch up.)
And finally,
Late Night With Jimmy Fallon (He is adorable and funny and in just a few months he will once again be my appetizer before this guy.)

That is it for me as far as programmatic planning goes. Am I missing out out any potential telivisory love affairs. You'd let me know, right?

5 comments:

marisa said...

What about Glee? Community and Modern Family are super funny too!

Paul said...

I know how you feel, Kerri. Yesterday, I made Bethany stab me in the side and then I laid down in the backyard next to Daisy and watched planes fly overhead. Then I smiled knowing Kate had gotten off the island. Quite the withdrawl I'm going through. I feel you.

The Monogram Shop said...

I don't get much from LOST, but Lorelai Gilmore on the other hand....may name a child after her :) Parenthood is filling the void.

Oh, and why did I spell your name like that? I'm attributing it to my job, and to the fact that Kerri is spelt way too many ways.

Still reading...

Catherine Elizabeth said...

I thought this blog was about me at first.
I do not follow this show, LOST, however, I am a fan of JJ Abrams...
I was just recently enlightened about a show called "Glee" in whih many old musical classics of our childhood are covered by guest stars, aka, Neil patrick Harris singing "Dream ON" by Aerosmith...
I haven't seen it, but I've heard about it, and it soiunds like something I might sink my teeth into... just a thought.

Amy Hadley said...

I was just wondering today how you were handling your Lost loss. Glad to see you're being proactive about your rebound. I am most supportive of Arrested Development and Mr. Colbert. May I add "Firefly." Unwrinkle your nose and just try it.

Post a Comment