Saturday, May 15, 2010

Welcome Friends!


My name is Kerri. I have a good old fashioned fear of social networking and lots of other internet communication, but, I want to tell my stories. No, I am not 87 years old though I do enjoy a box of Raisenets when I head down to the local picture show. And with whom do I go to the picture show, you ask? Um, usually a group who I believe the great Beyonce would refer to as “All My Single Ladies”. That’s right, I am 27, well beyond my self-planned age of matrimony and life, for me, can be hilarious and tragic. That’s the stuff blogs are made of right? I hope people will join me on this storytelling journey and if you choose to, be sure and check-out the helpful reading hints below:

1. I suffer from delusions of grandeur and therefore I would prefer not to use friends and families names on this blog, just in case I become an overnight sensation and I am asked to become a writer for a major television show. I don’t want people hassling my family for money or autographs due to my overwhelming fame. Those good people did not ask for that. Therefore I will refer to all of my family and friends with celebrity pseudonyms. Will this make it confusing if I am talking about an actual celebrity? Probably. We’ll figure it out as we go along.

2. I am a Christian …I am hoping more of the Mother Theresa variety than-- oh let’s say the Glen Beck variety but fair warning faith and Jesus are going to come up along the way if you are gracious enough to read these musings.

3. I don’t like curse words. I think they are cheap and more weighty than we give them credit for. I especially don’t like to hear teenagers use curse words. However sometimes using a curse word for comedic effect is EFFING HILARIOUS, so you might see one here and there on this site.

4. I ADORE lists and Haikus, and as such regular readers might enjoy occasional mid-week posts in these glorious mediums. Otherwise, more lengthy posts will be go-up each Sunday.

5. I want to be honest with you so I will tell you what I told my college roommates. I will probably always choose a man over you. It isn't that I don't care for you-- its just that I am not going to marry you. So be forewarned, although if you are anything like me, advanced warning that someone is non-committal will do you no good. In fact it might make you want to stick around all the more and that is fine by me (:

1 comments:

Amy Hadley said...

I will effing never read this blog again if you use curse words on it.

Post a Comment